The Review of European Affairs
Call for papers 2018
Academic debate and popular media discourse on the prospects of the European integration process thrive. Big narratives fuelled by the debate on the Future on Europe, by progress in Brexit negotiations, by frequently overly flashy political debate constitute a very important part of the narrative. In this way, they impose an outside-in perspective on developments in the EU. Certainly, these narratives are complemented by a less pronounced but equally valid debates that depict the bottom-up dynamics that nurture the EU today. Here, developments in the EU members states, changing attitudes to the very idea of European integration, benevolent attitude of large parts of the society to the foundational values and principles of the EU and several other issues define the beat of the discussion. And as questions of security return to the mainstream debates on the EU and liberal political, economic and social order can no longer taken for granted in the EU, it is imperative to rethink these two ways of thinking and debating about the EU and the European integration process.
To this end, the Editors of The Review of European Affairs invite interested Authors to submit papers that address, but are not limited to, the following issues and topics:
- Conceptual and case-study driven approaches to current developments in the EU,
- Advances in diverse fields of the EU policymaking,
- Values and principles in the EU integration process,
- Safety and security in the EU,
- Economic performance of the EU member-states and of the EU as ‘European economic space’,
- The single market and its integrative potential,
- Cultural relations,
- External relations of the EU,
- EU as a global actor,
- Integration process in the world from the European perspective.
Prospective Authors are kindly asked to submit their papers to the Editors at: firstname.lastname@example.org, including the Author’s name & affiliation.
Call for papers 2017
The on-line journal The Review of European Affairs invites paper submission for the upcoming issues.
We invite papers from academics, researchers, doctoral students who tackle topics relevant to the EU internal and external relations which will be conceptualized broadly, including:
- political affairs of the EU,
- European security,
- internal dimension of the EU i.e. economic, social and cultural relations,
- external relations of the EU with the third countries,
- EU as a global actor,
- integration process in the world from the European perspective.
However the range of topics will not only be limited to those selected areas, but all papers which make any contribution to the European studies are warmly welcome. The theoretical and empirical research is invited, as well as case studies, cross-national analysis, research results, etc. Papers which take a multidisciplinary approach are particularly invited. Only the original, not published elsewhere paper can be submitted.
There is no submission fee. It is an open access online publication and issued twice a year. Papers are collected on the regular basis. Papers undergo the double blind peer-reviewed procedure.